CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 25, 2008

WHERE is the trash can????

So I may have mentioned on here at some point that I do not do vomit. Not from an animal, an adult and yes not even my own kid.

Puke FREAKS ME OUT. The sound, the smell, the LOOK!


So last night I knew something was up with Bean. The kid is three years old and was "resting" as he said on the couch.
Whaaa???? You're RESTING?

So I figured it was one of two things:
1. My child had been abducted by aliens and was now replaced by an alien look alike that OBVIOUSLY did not know that human toddlers never REST.
2. He was sick.

So I went into what Bud likes to call "Annoying Mommy" mode.

I started off with general questions.
"Bean what hurts? Your tummy, your throat, your head?????
"Nothing Mommy, I just tired."

I moved in deeper.
"Bean honey you can tell mommy. Did someone hurt your feelings?
"No momma"

I tried rewards.
"Bean honey you want some ice cream, cookies, um candy"
"No Mommy I fine."

OMG! Something was VERY wrong.

So I did what any other mommy would do.
I threatened.
"Bean if you do not tell Mommy where is hurts then I will have to take you to the doctor."
"NO MOMMY!!!!! PLEASE!"

NOTHING was working.

So after several long sighs from Bud that I was obviously annoying him as well, I gave up and decided to enjoy the "resting" Bean was doing.

Every time Bean moved I told Bud, "He is going to barf. I know it."
Bud would just look at me and roll his eyes.

"Leave the kid alone. He probably just got overheated today.

Humph. Like MEN know ANYTHING.

I decided I was right about an hour later when Bean went potty and had diarrhea.
"See!" I said triumphantly to Bud. "He IS sick. I knew it."

Bud sighed again.

Then at 10:30 Bean curled up on the couch and gagged.

"Oh God!" I panicked. Where? What? Ack what do I do?

I grabbed Bean as the first heaves came.

"Bud!!! HELP!!!!"

"Coming!!!"

Bud got to me with a trash can as Bean was finishing up his violent spewing.
Oh well better late than never.

So that began my night of the barfs with Bean.

Of course give Bud 24 hours and he'll get it. Pray for me. Sick men suck.

Sometimes I hate when I am right. Stupid mom intuition.

18 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so WITH you! Good luck on Bud not getting it!

Lori said...

poor little one! hope everyone is feeling better and soon

Kellan said...

Oh, I hope it passes quickly or it could be a looooooooooong weekend. Take care - Kellan

Danielle said...

I am getting a weak belly just reading this post! UGH...sorry you had to deal with the pukies.

CanadianMama said...

Ack, I really hope you don't have to endure a man cold - much worse than a child!!

Unknown said...

Yuck, yuck. I hope it was only a 24 hour bug!

Cynthia said...

That is the worst...I hope he feels better:)

ummmhello said...

See, you were right. Toddlers don't just REST! Poor Bean, hope everything gets better soon.

TL said...

My little 2 year old is sick as well and as much as I hate for my kids to be sick I agree with you it is just plain old torture when your hubby is sick.

Marmarbug said...

Tl - HI! I tried to check out your blog but it is invite only! Can I be invited please!!!!

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Oohhh, maybe I'll have to do a MORBID MONDAY all about vomit!!

Halllie

Laura Marchant said...

Oh no! My little one once barfed chocolate all over her room all nigth long...it was after a visit at nana's house. I feel for you.

Anonymous said...

Ugh! Poor Bean, but even more so, POOR YOU!!!!

MarĂ­a said...

Oh no! :(

Confessions of A Mississippi Mom said...

Intuition girl! I could write a book. Men can't see it coming, but us ooooh yeah. I'm with you I can deal with poo poo , but vomiting eewwww I just get sick at the site or smell.

OOO and I hope bean is feeling better stomach flu is the worse...

Tootsie Farklepants said...

Ugh. I'm sorry. I hope he's better now.

Burgh Baby said...

Men are SOOO helpful in these kinds of situations. I hope you manage to avoid having two sick men in your house. Yuck.

OHmommy said...

Stupid mom intuition is right.

I hope he feels better. I know something is wrong when my kids deny dessert. ;)