CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 7, 2008

A Thank you, a prayer needed and a question for you all

First let me say a big THANK YOU to all of you for your supportive words about my big move back to the north. It is so awesome to be involved in a blogging community and when things get rough I am reminded of this. It means a lot to have all of you supporting me.
MUAH!

I am getting more used to the idea and I know it's not the end of the world. Shoot- we could be a heck of a lot worse off right now, right? As my friend currently is...


Yes, one of my very good guy friends is in the hospital right now. He was admitted last night after his girlfriend (who happens to be my one of my best friends) took him to the ER. He has been having some issues lately and has had shortness of breath. Turns out that only 15%, yes you read that right 15%, of his heart is functioning. He is young (late 20's) and has never had heart issues before and is usually healthy!
He is in the ICU right now and it has been a tough day as I can't stop worrying about him. So prayers are needed and much appreciated. I'll update you all as I know more. Thanks!!!

Lastly, (whew busy day!!!) a question for you all. First a little background.
Okay so Bud and I spent the weekend at my BFF's house with Bean. We pulled the camper over there (she lives like 20 minutes away! we are SUCH campers) and hung out while Bud and the guys built a deck. (It turned out awesome!)
Well we got back to the IL's house last night around 4:00. After I showered and did a few things Bud asked if I wanted to grab some dinner up the road. Well we asked his mom if she could watch Bean and put him to bed around 8:30 if we weren't back. We bathed him and put him in his jammies and he was sitting on the couch watching Herbie while my MIL played Bingo (she is horribly addicted) on the computer next to him.
Well we ate a quick dinner and decided we were just too tired to stay out so we headed back. We were gone MAYBE 45 minutes. We walk in and Bean is SCREAMING upstairs (it was 7:45) and MIL was sitting at the computer bingoing (is that a word?) away.

We were like WTH?

She said he was not listening to her so she sent him to bed. We asked what he was doing and she said, "Aggravating the dog (my three legger - he and Bean play rough a lot but never a big deal) So Bud ran upstairs and got Bean and brought him downstairs. It was obvious he had NOT just gone up there due to his face being bright red and he was crying so hard he was hiccuping.
Bud was mad.
So was I.
But we never said anything. Why? Because we are DUMB!
MIL swore he had JUST gone up. Now remember this is the SAME MIL who lets Bean get away with murder. Now I get mad when she does that and while I want her to discipline him something was off by last nights activities. I mean when she gets in bingo mode NO ONE can disturb her. Bud and I think Bean was playing rough with the dog and that SHE did not want to have to keep checking to make sure things were okay (as she was bingoing and that is obviously more important) so she sent him to bed.

What do y'all think? Would you be pissed?

11 comments:

Unknown said...

I think I would be a bit upset, but it's tough to deal with when it's family. My prayers are with you BF.

Unknown said...

I'd be upset, and then I'd remember that you're LEAVING there soon. You are such a trooper, you never gripe about your inlaws. It's too late so say something and what would you have done anyway? Call her a liar? "liar liar, look at his face?". Aren't you glad you weren't gone very long?? Poor Bean.

I'm sorry to hear about your BF. I hope they are able to run tests and find out what is causing the problem. I really hope it's something that can be easily fixed.

Mommy Mechanics said...

I will definitely say a prayer for him. And yes that sounds a little strange, I think I would be a little upset.

Kellan said...

Yes ... I'd have been pissed. I think she was preoccupied and I'm sorry that happened to your poor baby.

Take care - Kellan

CanadianMama said...

I would be upset, poor little Bean. That being said if you know she is like that when playing bingo maybe it's not a good time to ask her to watch Bean? Family is so hard to deal with hey!

Cynthia said...

That, my dear, is why I have never left my MIL with our kiddos. I don't think she would be able to handle it. Yes, I would be pissed, and I would not ask her to babysit again...
Sorry about your friend, I hope things look up for him:)

Anonymous said...

Girl, I can so completely relate on this one. My m-i-l is just not a baby person. She's better now that Little Man is a little older.

But when I used to work from home, I once asked her to watch Little Man while I went to a meeting. I think he was about 8 months old at the time. I dropped him off right after he'd taken his morning nap. I brought food for him, telling her that she could feed him lunch and then play with him, since he'd just gotten up from a two or three hour nap and that his next nap wasn't for three hours.

I came back to her house less than 1.5 hours later.

When she opened the door, I can hear Little Man WAILING at the top of his lungs. I asked where he was and she said "oh, I got bored and ran out of things to do with him, so I put him down."

I was so angry!

But of course, like you, I didn't say anything, because it's my m-i-l and it's hard.

But enough to say, I used her as LITTLE as possible and got him in a home daycare one day a week and had my meetings only on that day.

And I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. How scary and I hope they're able to figure out what is wrong and how to make it better for him. I'll be sending all of the healing thoughts I can his way.

Confessions of A Mississippi Mom said...

Girl I'm glad you had a great weekend! IL is not been a bad move back.

I with Cat-women totally relate to the MIL getting on to the little ones. They spoil them, not getting on to them once for misbehaving. Then when they do decide to discipline them it usual over something stupid, and the kids are all up-set not knowing what they did wrong.

I feel for ya girl, it is a touchie subject.

Anglophile Football Fanatic said...

I'd be livid. My MIL is not allowed to have mine unsupervised. She leaves him be for way too long at a time and then gets upset when he's "into" things. Oh, and she lives on a lake. I'm terrified he'd drown.

Burgh Baby said...

I just spent five days biting my tongue and being VERY grateful that we live far away from all in-laws.

I hope your friend is doing better. That sucks.

Wineplz said...

wow...that is really scary about your friend! I hope all turns out better and that maybe that one test that said 15% was wrong!

As for your MIL? arrrrggghhh! I can't think of anything much better than that. Did Bean end up telling you anything? That's kinda the nice thing about his age...they can talk and generally don't lie yet. If he confirms your suspicions, I'd feel compelled to confront her. (especially if your method of discipline doesn't involve sending him to his room...it would be different if you came home and he was crying while standing in his time-out area or whatever your method is).