CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 17, 2008

No News is NOT always good news

So the decision has been made. We are moving. We have to actually.
This has been SUCH an emotional few days.
Let me start somewhere.
SO Bud got his offer letter from the new company on Monday. I asked him what was he going to do. We have decided the night before that if his current company signed off on the generous promotion that we were going to take it. No questions asked.
Well as of Monday afternoon the current company STILL had nothing nailed in. And then we had this offer letter in hand that requested a reply NLT Wednesday.
We were stuck between a rock and a hard place.
There were lots of debates, lots of arguing, lots of well talking between Bud and I.
Finally he told his current boss (after I MADE him) that he received an offer letter and that he was going to take it.
His boss confessed that he could not guarantee the promotion PAST the end of the fiscal year (for you non government people the end of the government fiscal year is September 30th).
So he was unsure if he could give us the pay raise after September. Nice.
Then he went on to say that depending on the government that he could not guarantee a job for Bud past October (it is a huge drama that has nothing to do with Bud)
So there we had it. A definite job offer in one hand and in the other a lot of questions. Te decision was basically made for us.
Bud leaves on the 28th. I will be here until Aug 8th. I STILL have not talked to my boss. He is out of town and SHOULD be in tomorrow. I hope so. This is killing me.
I am going to try and stay with my current company and telecommute part of the week and then go to our corporate office around 2 days a week. I am HOPING my boss agrees to it.
Otherwise? I am back on the market which I HATE! So wish me luck.
I actually feel a bit of relief knowing what is going to happen. I hated having everything up in the air.

But I am trying to keep an open mind on the move. I keep reminding myself that everything happens for a reason.
Right?

14 comments:

Mommy Mechanics said...

I am sure things will work out okay, like you said the decision was made for you guys so I am sure it is for a reason. Good luck with everything!

Someone Being Me said...

I am so sorry but this is just obviously not meant to be. Apparently you are supposed to move for whatever reason. Just try to look on the positive side.

Kevin McKeever said...

I telecommuted w/o a problem for nearly four years. Bosses who won't let you try are not worth working for.

Wishin' you the best with that and the blog ...

Confessions of A Mississippi Mom said...

Celebrate or not you are bound to move. I'm sure it will all work out "things do happen for a reason"

Beside I work for the Government and every year I sweat it, they are always discussing rather to out-source my job so they can defer paying benefits. So Bud is better off with a sure thing.

Anonymous said...

Take the sure thing... it's always better in the end.
And there def. has to be a 'reason' it has all worked out this way.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, I know it's not the outcome you were hoping for, but like you said, it looks like the universe has lined up for you to move.

Anonymous said...

I know that this is not the outcome you were hoping for, but I hope that it is a good move and that things will settle down for you soon! I agree with Mississippi Mom in the belief that things do happen for a reason - though we all know there are lots of things that happen for reasons we can't see until much farther down the road.

Cynthia said...

I know this was tough for you...I hope things work out with your boss. Good luck:)

CanadianMama said...

Ack, that is quick! If I was there I would help you move boxes for sure!!
Everything does happen for a reason, good luck!

Unknown said...

OH bummer. I know how hard it is waiting for decisions to come from someplace else, when you are helpless and can do nothing to change the situation (BOY do I know!!!). There must be something good that will come from this move.

-you'll be out from under the inlaws
-maybe you can redecorate the old/new house to make it seem brand new and fun?
-if your boss lets you telecommute, it would save you gas money commuting to work

SOMETHING about this move will be a good thing.

I'm thinking of you!

Julie said...

Wishing for a quick & easy move for you... I hate that unsettled, no control feeling too. At least that is gone!!!!

Wineplz said...

I know you're not really fond of NoVA...but just think, you'll be closer to me! ;)

Hopefully your boss will agree to the telecommute. It would be better than losing you. :)

KG said...

NoVa isn't so bad ... really! You just have to keep an open mind and i bet you'll make some new friends. Besides - won't it be fun to take Bean to the Smithsonians and all up 95 in DC?

Danielle said...

I feel so bad you have been through sch an emotional time lately! I think everything does happen for a reason! Hang in there and keep us posted.