CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Pop!


First off no I am not pregnant. At least I am PRETTY sure I am not. I'll know for certain next week but it's doubtful since you have to have s*x right? To get knocked up? I think I'll Google it.


Anyways, I am not even sure where to begin. Yesterday I thought I was going to forgo Wordless Wednesday and give you super awesome news. But then my happy bubble was popped. Did you hear it? Yep it was pretty loud when it popped.

So after my bubble was popped (that sounds kinda wrong) I was put into an emotional funk. Thus my crappy post yesterday.

So what I WAS going to post yesterday was that I thought we were staying put here in my hometown!!! Yay right? Bud met with his current boss Tuesday and told him about our pickle. That we have a house we can't sell up north, a small amount of funds to rent a place here, and our sanity level decreasing as we continue to live with the in-laws.

His boss is pretty cool. And he loves Bud for some reason. So he offered to get Bud a raise. A VERY generous raise.

I was excited since it SEEMED like Bud was going to go with it. My happy bubble grew even though I tried to tell it not too.

Bud talked about being able to rent a place. I thought, "Yep we are staying put."



NOPE!


Bud decided after much thought (an entire night of sleep) that he FELT that we should go with our original plan of going back up north. That he had pulled a lot of strings to try to get back up there and that he didn't want to burn any bridges.

Also, he was afraid with getting a raise here that he would out price himself and that if something happened to the company he is with here that it would be difficult for him to get rehired for the same salary.


So my bubble popped. And I was pretty much in a funk. Deep down I KNEW he wouldn't take the offer. I just hoped my little bit of hope that maybe, just maybe he would.
So pardon me but I am going to go crawl in bed and eat my weight in Ben and Jerry's.


15 comments:

Wineplz said...

oh no! I'm so sorry! That's like when Justin was telling me about a potential job offer in Indy...and I was so excited to be going home and live in a house for half the price and possibly stay home with my boys, but...well, being over $150K upside down on our mortgage is kinda keepin' us tied to this area, at least until the market stabilizes and goes back up. That and he's worried, too about burning bridges w/the company he's with and all what they've done for him.
But hey, you get to live just a short drive from me! We'll commisserate together as we wipe our tears and noses with our $#!%-ty tax assessments.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry girl. I know what it's like to get your hopes up only to have them dashed...

If you want to cheer up really quickly though, I totally DARE you to google whether you need s*x to get pregnant. Because that should get you some interesting results!

OHmommy said...

Oh man... I hate when that happens. Bursting one's bubble. Ugh!

Confessions of A Mississippi Mom said...

Busted your bubble is no way to get sex, men and their dang pride. Nothing changes it's like the west when the gun slinging days "Lets meet outside for a dual". Should I stay were my wife will be happier or move back just b/c of a house and burning some brides. Wow what a ben & jerry's moment for sure, except for me it would be margarita's and yeah maybe some chunky monkey.

X's girl, I know you need one. Truly not a good way to start the 4th celebration.

Unknown said...

You can join my club... It's called In a Funk 'Cuz O My Husband's Job.

We'll eat lots of ice cream and drink lots of booze. So far, it's working pretty well for me.

BTW, you're a saint for never griping about living with your in-laws.

I just keep thinking about YOU and what you'll do when you get back up north. Job? Bean's school?

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, hon. I know how much that must've hurt you. And, the wishy washy of locations cannot be good on you.

Danielle said...

oh man! I am sorry. I hope the ice cream helps!

Danielle said...

oh man! I am sorry. I hope the ice cream helps!

CanadianMama said...

Damn that Bud! I'm sorry!

Kellan said...

Oh, I am sorry about the disappointment and I'm going to hope that once you move - WONDERFUL things happen for you and it makes you SO HAPPY!

Take care and try to have a good 4th - see you soon - Kellan

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Ice cream makes everything better. Keep eating until you feel like nothing is wrong.

Hallie

Cynthia said...

Feeling for you...what a bummer:( Pass the spoon!

Anonymous said...

Yikes! Ice cream and booze are the only cures for popped bubbles. Please forgive my lack of commenting. My internet access is limited, and now I have to use it for uploading client files to the server. Gah.

Anonymous said...

you live with in-laws. ouch

I love Ben & Jerry, I say hi to them every time I go to the grocery store.
We can't be together anymore because I've discovered I am allergic to daiy.
But, in the days before the discovery, we had some fine moments together.

Melissa said...

oh I am sorry. There is no fun in bubble popping or raining on parades!!!!