CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

PSYCHE!

Haha! Remember when that was like "the word"? Instead of "Not!" I remember my brothers said it a lot growing up.
Typical conversation growing up: My older brother, " Hey you want to watch cartoons?"
Me, "Yeah!" My brother acts like he is handing the remote over and says, "PSYCHE!"
I hated that word.
But today on the biggest joke day of the year I was reminded of it.
Every year my husband and I try to get each other with something. Anything. Just to be the winner.
I think my best joke was the year Bean was born. He was 2 1/2 months old on April Fool's day. Beng home all day with an infant and hormonal I came up with a BRILLIANT joke.
I waited till I heard Bud's car pull in the driveway and I positioned myself in the bathroom with an old positive test from my pregnancy with Bean, (in my defense I meant to take a pic of it for a baby book) Anyways I was sitting in the bathroom holding the positive test and Bud walked in. He called for me and I said, (in a pitiful voice I may add), "In here."
He walked in the bathroom and froze.
"What are you doing?" he asked.
I looked at him with sad eyes and said, "I'm pregnant."
I swear to all that is good and holy that man went WHITE.
It was all I coudl do to keep it together.
So I pretended to get defensive. "Aren't you happy?" I asked.
He was silent.
I said, "Nice real nice. Here I am scared and pregnant and you have NOTHING to say?"
He started to mumble something. I think he asked it I was sure.
I shoved the test in his face and said, "Um HELLO!"
Then I couldn't take it anymore and started laughing my ass off.
He didn't laugh!
Oh well I thought it was a hoot.

6 comments:

Lizzy in the Burbs said...

Oh, you are absolutely EVIL! I love it! :o)

Lizzy

KG said...

hahahaha - did he have to change his underwear?

CanadianMama said...

Ha! I told Mike that my water broke today - he also didn't think it was funny!

Unknown said...

That is one of my favorite April Fool's jokes... which is only funny if you are desperately trying to keep from getting pregnant.

Nicely done!

Burgh Baby said...

One of these days, you or somebody needs to explain to me why you kept the pee stick. I can't say that I get that whole thing.

Although, in this case, it did make for the most awesome of awesome pranks ever. Well done! You're timing could not have been better.

Marmarbug said...

You know I have no idea why I kept the stick. A nasty memento I guess. Who knows? Point is that I am SO glad I had it cause let me tell ya it was worth it.