CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Planning a vacation when you're a grown up.

Ah in the days of ole' when I could just pack a couple bikinis and go on vacation with not a care in the world.
I miss that.
Those days are so over and now planning a small vacation is like planning a wedding.
It is so time consuming.
So Bud and I decided to take a mini vacation with our friends. It has been um, interesting to say the least.

First we had to all block off a time frame that we could all take off work. Yeah that sucks, when did work become such a big part of our lives? Oh yeah when our bills came.
Anyways, once we did that we had to pick a locality. It started off with the Bahamas and that plan fell through (too expensive), then Miami (again too expensive crazy gas prices) then we settled on a long weekend at the beach we like to visit an hour away.

Then we had to find a cottage that we could all afford and was big enough for everyone. And guess what dummy volunteered to do it? Yeah this dummy.
But I did it. Kept us under budget and in an oceanfront cottage.
Let's pray this place lives up to its pictures and isn't some craphole ready to fall into the ocean.

Now we are getting down to the wire and our vacation is next week. Place is picked and paid for, tine is taken off of work, child is cared for by adoring grandparents.
Nothing can go wrong right?
WRONG!
My BF just informed me that her idiot of a husband invited the scum of the earth friend to join us. I recoiled in fear.
This scum is not like by ANYONE in the group and is a definite freeloader. I am trying to avoid a disaster here and if Bud discovers he is going he will refuse to go.
Truthfully I don't want to go either.
WHY did this have to become so complicated.
I think I found a solution. I'll go on vacation BY MYSELF. Maybe I'll find a Matthew McConaghey look alike to take with me. Yeah.

17 comments:

KG said...

Dude - explain that if freeloader comes you and hubby aren't going. She might be pissed, but hell, it'll save your vacation.

Anonymous said...

Can you speak directly with BF's eejit hubby?
Explain the concept of personality conflicts not being a relaxing environment?
Otherwise, I would just take your own hubby and bugger off somewhere else.
Cause life's too short for that kind of crap.

Marmarbug said...

I think we figured out the freeloader deal. We told him we ran out of room. Crisis averted.

Lori said...

Well I hope that person doesn't decide to visit anyway and you get to enjoy the vacation!

Anonymous said...

Matthew McC lived next to my brother at UT. You want him? I might be able to see what I can do.

We're going on vacay next week, too. With the tyke. To Mickey's House.

Anonymous said...

Matthew McC lived next to my brother at UT. You want him? I might be able to see what I can do.

We're going on vacay next week, too. With the tyke. To Mickey's House.

Marmarbug said...

OMG! Yes I want his soooo bad. I wish he had knocked me up instead of that one chick.

Marmarbug said...

Ha I have the same top!

Anonymous said...

I am SO going on vacation by myself a few years from now (probably when the kids are in school fulltime.) It might be nice to go somewhere alone with hubby, but I really think I would rather have quality time with myself. I hope things turn out well and that you have a wonderful time!

CanadianMama said...

I hate going on vacation with friends for that reason. It always becomes a ton of work and then I get frustrated. I'm also not good at sharing my space and expect everyone to be as clean as me. Good luck though, I'm sure it will be fun in the end!
ps. I like the pink!!

Someone Being Me said...

I would put my foot down and tell them that they need to uninvite the freeloader. That would make me so mad.

Unknown said...

OH, I hope it's really fun now that the freeloader isn't going! All this talk of vacation makes me really, really want one for myself!

Unknown said...

Oh, and we want pictures when you return!

Zoe said...

man that sounds like it's shaping up to be a lovely trip!

Burgh Baby said...

I'm still very confused about this Matt M thing. He creeps me out! You can most certainly have him.

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

I see my younger siblings going on "spur of the moment" trips and I think, "wow...how do they manage that?" It's always crazy trying to travel with other people too.

Thanks for stopping by my blog! It's nice to "meet" you!

Anonymous said...

I think MM is pretty hot - when he is clean. Just seems he's not most of the time. He seems like he'd be loads of fun though.

Have fun on your vacation. Ours just changed drastically as we can't afford gas and food!!! I'm thinking maybe a tent on the beach.......