Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Latest and greatest

So this has been a stressful week to say the least. I have talked a lot. To Bud, to my friends, to myself.
It sucks right now as there is NO easy answer for what to do. Bud and I are getting along again so that is a positive. We have discussed his main reasoning for wanting to move back. He claims that with the poor economy and general costs of everyday items rising that we can't afford to rent a place easily. I looked over numbers with him and agreed.
Then back to the house sitting vacant up north. After reseraching properties near that area we were shocked to see several home that are significantly larger (by 2,000 square feet) and on MORE land (we are on 4 acres) going for MUCH LESS than we owe on our house. I swear these houses are being given away.
So what to do?
Well Bud has contacted his previous company who had offered when he left an open door to come back. His old boss said that at the moment there are no openings for his pay scale. Fine.
So we wait. Bud and I decided this: If his old boss comes back with an offer then Bud will go to his current company and see what they will offer to keep him here.
I am HOPING AND PRAYING that the current company will counter offer enough to help us move into a rental. Then hopefully the housing market will make a turn for the better and we can sell and this whole thing will be a bad memory.

One can hope...right?

So if you can say a little prayer that things work out for us.

On another note, my sweet child has gone from saying cute things to not saying cute things. Please someone tell me when this happened? For instance, he says "I am going to eat all the poop!"
Sick right? I digress.


witchypoo said...

That does sound more positive.
Any chance you can rent out the vacant house?
Anything with poop in it is funny.
Although now you will get searches from people who are aroused by the eating of poop.
Congratulations ;)

Amanda Fullerton said...

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I hope that Bud's current company does counter offer so that you can stay where you are. I am with the pp - any possibility of renting your house? That would pay the mortgage so that you only have to pay for the rental when you get one.

As for the "I am going to eat all the poop!" All I can suggest is that it's a boy thing, because my son says similar things too.

Hyphen Mama said...

Yes, rent your other house if you can. I really hope it works out that you can stay where you are.

As far as the poop talk... my daughter is 4 1/2 and still uses the word POOP in every sentence. I tried telling her she can talk poop all she wants in the bathroom, that didn't fix anything. I try to not give it any energy so she'll go on to something else, it hasn't worked either.

Tranny Head said...

I feel your pain on the housing market as I watch the prices sink lower and lower. I can't afford to rent because if I rented my place out, I'd still have to pay an extra $500 a month to cover the gap between mortgage/condo fee and the rent. And I'd probably need that extra $500 a month to pay for the bigger piece of property. *sigh*

Colleen said...

I'm with ya, girl! My house was assessed by the county for $125k less than we paid for it. We are like little bats, we are so upside-down on our mortgage! It's a tough market right now.

as for the gross stuff coming out of Bean's mouth? welcome to boys!

(I have 2 boys, 4 brothers, and 6 nephews...poop and farts are hysterical!)

Anonymous said...

I am SO behind on commenting! I am so sorry to hear that things aren't going as well as you would hope! Best wishes for something good to happen with the house and for you and Bud - marriage is hard enough without all the extra presures that being a homeowner and parent put on it!