CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 25, 2008

Goodbye Binky

Big sigh - well we are done with the binky I think. I am not sure if it upsets me or Bean more. I had been planning for months on how I would do it. I received great advice from other moms in my position and I was going ot put it all to good use. One day.
Well one day came yesterday. Bean lost his binky for the millionth time. Seriously I look for that thing all the time. Well last night I looked everywhere and it really seemed to have disappeared.
Or my one dog who has an incentuous appetie for binkys ate it.
So I was at my wits end. I was tired from a long weekend. My kid was whining for the binky and I really could not find it.
So Bud walked in and asked what the problem was. He sat down with Bean and said, "Buddy I think this is binky's way of leaving you. He knew that it was time to go since you are a big boy now. You don't need him anymore."
Bean looked at Bud and said, "Okay."
That was it. Why couldn't I have done that 6 months ago.
Well I was waiting for the meltdown at bedtime. It never came. Bean asked for it one time and I told him Binky left for his new home.
That was it. He went to sleep.
I am still in total shock over this. It can't be this easy. Can it? I am sad since this was my selfish way to keep him a baby. I hate this. Why does it have to go by so fast?!
I am sure that tonight will be the true test.


On another note - thank to all that voted for me in the story contest! I had one rude commenter but I made sure to leave her an equally rude comment. Hmph.

2 comments:

Are You Serious! said...

It always baffles me when they react completely differnt than I expect! Good job that he's done though and did such a great job with it...

Lizzy in the Burbs said...

Hi!

It is hard to let go of the baby things, for both of you! It's sad to know the real baby days are over, but it's exciting when you think of all the new things he's going to be doing, and saying. You've got so much to look forward to!

Lizzy