CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 10, 2008

That's my stapler...

Wow. I have truly been SLACKING lately.
I have been slacking for several reasons.
1. Moving. Can we just say moving sucks? I mean really. You would think I had it a bit easier since we were going back to our old house but um, no. Of course adding to the wack job of a move, other contributing factors have made it not a simple task. Read on for clarification.
2. New job. Yeah. So I was so worried about not getting a job. Well I got one and am pretty happy that I did considering the sad state of the economy. Can I just say I am GLAD I am not a: realtor, stockbroker, banker, politician right now??????? (er, sorry if that applies to anyone)
But I am back with the company I was with down south and so far things are good. Except for the fact that I am in a cubicle again. Yeah.
Do you know I have not been in a cube for over 4 years? It sucks. No privacy whatsoever. So don’t fart, burp, take too many personal phone calls or pick your nose since you never know who could pop their little head around the corner.
However being in a cube reminds me so much of Office Space. Haha! Or of being a gopher or prairie dog.
3. Bud is out of town.
You single moms, wives of military men or wives of men who just travel A LOT? I applaud you. I honest too God do. Bud has been gone for three weeks. I am just not used to doing things alone. And of course it leads me to realize that yes, Bud must do something around here since I am so friggin tired. I am not sure if this pleases me or not yet. I’ll get back to you.

But I am going to start making my rounds again. I hope to “see” some of you again soon. And I am working on a pretty cute Bean post. So hopefully this will be the last update post. I admit they are kinda dry.

9 comments:

Lori said...

hope things settle down for you soon and you get settled comfortable in the new/old house and your new job

Unknown said...

Well, I guess you've got a decent excuse for abandoning us.

YES, be glad you have a job!

Danielle said...

hee hee glad you are back! I could never have my husband away for a long time. I wouod have a melt down.

Loralee Choate said...

Moving SUCKS.

So does being in a cubical. My sister just moved into one and to cheer her up on days she hates it I send her THIS.

She loved it so much she recorded it to her cell phone. Heh.

Kellan said...

Congrats on the job - that is great. And, I hope you are all moved and getting settled in - it's such a BIG job!

Have a great weekend and thanks for coming by to see me. Kellan

Anonymous said...

I have thought the EXACT same thing of my husband! I am not exactly what it is that he does around here, but I sure notice when he is gone. (Okay, that is not entirely true . . . I miss him and the kids miss him, but the house stays clean and the amount of laundry to be done seems to slow down - if only marginally!)

Yeah for the new job and boo for the cubicle - but how right you are about being employed as a realtor and the like!

OHmommy said...

HI. Nice to see you.

COngrats on the new job. The economy totally sucks and my BIL is a banker. He is obviously hating it now. So congrats.

And hi!

Confessions of A Mississippi Mom said...

I hate moving and it hard to get adjusted it,,, so I hope things will get settled soon :)

Cynthia said...

Ugh, moving is the worst...so is single parenting. Sounds like you have had your hands full!